County Mayo in the West of Ireland
County Mayo is a unique region, situated in the West of Ireland. Mayo with an area of 2159 square miles (5527 sq Km) is the third largest county in Ireland. Acting on behalf of the county is a vibrant County Council helping to develop Mayo to it's full potential.
The County Council is involved in many areas including:
- Maintaining essential services at the best possible level.
- Maintaining the physical environment of the county to the highest standard possible.
- Maintaining existing employment where possible and providing services to allow for expansion in employment in industry and services.
- Commissioning capital projects on completion and forward planning of services to ensure continued expansion and attractiveness of County Mayo for investment.
- Ensuring that Exchequer and European Union grants are availed of to the maximum.
- Evaluation of existing services to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and economy.
- Guaranteeing the continued employment of the Council's workforce.
Mayo County Council Provides Service to the County under different areas:
Recreation and Amenities