Golfing at Claremorris Golf Club in Co. Mayo

Golf was first played in Claremorris at the Race Course in 1917. After a few years a more suitable ground was found in Castlemagarrett and rented from Lord Oranmore & Browne. It was then known as the Castlemacgarrett Golf Club.

In 1961 the Estate was taken over by the Land Commission and Golf Course purchased by the newly established Claremorris Development Company, on behalf of the Golf Club.

Situated approximately 1.5 miles from the town on the Galway Road the entrance skirts a pine wood and a silvery stream. From the new Club House a beautiful panorama unfolds. The undulating fairways traversed by a stream, the ancient ash, oak and elm trees, the pine wood, the spinneys, with the Partry mountains in the background, make it a golfer's paradise.

Claremorris Golf Club is an 18 hole course designed by Tom Craddock of Druid's Glen fame.

It is an 18-hole, 73 par course, with wide well-mown fairways, very little rough and with well-bunkered greens of excellent quality, requiring pin-point precision approach shots.

Club House

Tel: + 353 (0) 94 937 1527

E-mail: info@claremorrisgolfclub.com

  • Full Bar and Restaurant facilities

  • Visitors welcome

  • Club Hire and Buggies available

  • Special rates available for Societies and Club Outings

Contact: Christina Rush: + 353 (0) 94 937 1527

E-mail: info@claremorrisgolfclub.com

No delays.

Green Fees

  • Oct to April euro20 - 7 Days

  • May to Sept euro25 - 7 Days

  • Open days and Open weekends - Visitors euro20

  • Open Days: Every Thursday

  • Open Week: 2nd week in August each year.

A warm welcome awaits you all.

For further details contact Admin Manager

Christina Rush

Claremorris Golf Club

Claremorris

Co Mayo

Ireland

Tel: + 353 (0) 94 937 1527

E-mail: info@claremorrisgolfclub.com

Visit the Claremorris Golf Club web site.