St. Patrick's Church is situated in Upper Main Street and was dedicated to St. Patrick by Archbishop Healy of Tuam on October 10th 1909. The building of the church commenced in 1903.
The walls of the church are sandstone from Leow and they are faced with limestone from Hazelhill. The pillars of polished red granite came from Aberdeen in Scotland. The white marble came from Italy and the coloured marble from Connemara, France and Belgium. The panels are Brazilian onyx.
All the stained glass windows were made by Joshua Clarke, the father of Harry Clarke whose stained glass windows became world famous. The first orders for the windows were placed in April and June 1908 and the total cost for them then was probably £440.