The following is a list of School Teachers who resided in the town and taught in the various schools, within and without the Parish. From 1910 approx.
Mr and Mrs John E O'Doherty, Mrs Mary E Lyons, Mrs Catherine Casey, Mrs Margaret Durcan, Mr Patrick Cassidy and Mrs Mary Kate Cassidy, Miss Margaret Mulligan, Mrs Annie O'Shea, Mr Joseph Campbell and Mrs Tellie Campbell, Mr Matthias Coleman and Mrs Lucy Coleman, Mrs Una Leavy (nee Brennan), Mrs Myra Grimes, Sister M Ursula Reynolds, Sister Aiden Finneran, Sister Thomasina Gilfillan, Sister Brendan Dodd, Sister Mary de Chantail O'Halloran, Sister Marty Richardson, Sister Elsie Gilmartin all of Church Street.
Mr Michael Francis Swords and Mrs Mary Swords, Mrs Mary Brennan, Mrs Annie Burke Mrs Bridgid Parsons and Mr Michael Brennan, all of Barrack St.
Mr John Cassidy, Mrs Sarah Dooney, Mrs Annie Campbell, Mrs Delia Henry, Mrs Margaret Swords, Mr John Murphy, Mr Patrick Collins, all of Main St.
Mrs Annie Giblin, Mr Patrick Joseph Merriman, Mrs Breege Gallagher, all of Ballyglass Road. Miss Bridgid Griffin and Mr P Reid all of Bellaghy.
© Cathal Henry 2002