For years Enniscrone has been the seaside resort for much of Mayo. There are 5km of safe, clean golden beaches. For eight decades people have come to bathe in hot sea water and seaweed renowned for its therapeutic qualities.
Enniscrone offers the family a supervised playground and amusement parks.
Enjoy the 18 hole championship golf course, sand skiing, pitch 'n putt, boating and surfing. Also there is fishing from the shore or on local lakes.
In the evening join in the singing lounges and dancing, with ample guest house and hotel accommodation. Capped by spectacular sunsets over Killala Bay.
Enniscrone has a good selection of shops, including supermarkets, bank, post office, restauraunts, pubs etc.
There are numerous sport and leisure facilities, fishing, golf course, surfing, water skiing, pleasure cruising, tennis courts and swimming.
Enniscrone beach is very safe for children with the large sand dunes to play in as well as a supervised playground and amusements.
On the eastern shore of Killala Bay, Enniscrone is now well established as a sea angling centre with river and lake angling also popular. Charter vessels and gillies available.
Laid out on classic links terrain the course has all the normal characteristics of seaside golf, sand dunes, humps and hollows, thick rough and lighting fast greens.
Established in 1912 and situated on the Cliff Road, it has full treatment comprising of Steam and Seaweed Bath and Sea Water Showers. The water in the bath is seawater pumped in from the unpolluted waters of the Atlantic that lap on the shore just a stones throw away.
There are many archaeological and historical sites located in the area.
Ring Fort Sites can be found, of which 20,000 such Iron Age Sites found in Ireland. The O'Dowd Castle late 14th century, ruin of Valentines Abbey (18th century), Castle Firbis Ruin (1560), Bardic School (where the yellow book had its origins 1391) and Pullacheeney Castle. The hill near Valley of Diamonds, known as Cnoc na gCorp (hill of bodies) - local tradition says it was formed from the pile up of bodies of Vikings in 891. History of the Black Pig with a replica pig located on the main street of the village.