Cultrasna village, (less than 2 miles from Kiltimagh Town, and approached from the Kilkelly or Knock roads) is now a mixture of new houses and 11 abandoned older houses.
These houses are the original village that dates back to pre-famine times in the early 19th century. Some of the houses were occupied as recently as the 1950's, which adds to it's historical interest.
The layout of the original village, plus the nearby small stone-walled fields, gives us a glimpse of this pre-famine community.
There are several interesting features on some of the old houses. e.g. bed outshots which are known locally as the Hag's bed or Leaba Cailli.