Blacksod Harbour

Blacksod Harbour is a working harbour with an accompanying lighthouse, Blacksod Lighthouse, which was built in 1864 and played an important role at the end of the World War II. It is still operational, however, not open to the general public.

The approach route to the harbour offers uninterrupted views of Blacksod Bay. When reaching the harbour, views of Achill Island open up to the south.