Feile Chois Cuain 2022
Every year Louisburg hosts the Feile Chois Cuain, a traditional music festival attracting a large number of music enthusiasts from many parts of Ireland and abroad.
The event has earned an enviable reputation as one of Ireland’s premier traditional festivals with many of Ireland’s most revered performers returning to the festival year after year.
This year it will take place from Friday 29th April to Monday 2nd May 2022.
It is renowned for the high quality of its informal sessions in pubs and streets all over the weekend. Everybody is welcome to join the music, sing a song, play a tune or dance a step.
It is also well known for the concerts and for the classes in every traditional instruments such as , accordion, fiddle, flute, tin whistle, concertina and banjo and in sean-nos singing, ballads and set dance.
Friday 29th April
7.30pm:Youth concert featuring local and visiting artists at Parochial Hall
- 9.30pm Official Launch with Cheese and Wine Reception at Joe Mac’s Bar
Music and singing sessions in local pubs
Saturday 30th April
10.30am to 4.00pm Set Dance Workshop at Parochial Hall, Tutors: Pádraig & Róisín McEneany
10.30am to 4.00pm Masterclasses at Sancta Maria College
- Fiddle: Dylan Carlos and Sorcha Costelloe
- Accordion: Marie Walsh and Conor Connolly
- Flute: Cein Sweeney and Iarlaith Mac Gabhann
- Tin Whistle: Mary Bergin and Cormac Cannon
- Concertina: Mary McNamara and Aoibheann Queally
- Banjo: Alan Reid
- Piano Accompaniment: Catherine McHugh
- Ballads: Ann Kelly Skelton
- Amhránaíocht ar an Sean-Nós: Caitríona Ní Cheannabháin
- Damhsa ar an Sean-Nós / Sean-Nós Dancing: Cathy Scanlon
Lunch break wil be at 1pm-2pm
11.00am-12.30pm: Club na Féile:
4.15pm -6.00pm: Seisiún:Amhránaíochtar an Sean-Nós at Parochial Hall
- 8.45pm Grand Concert: Music Song and Dance Featuring Dylan Carlos,
Cein Sweeney, Conor Connolly, Mary McNamara,Mary Bergin, Sorcha Costelloe, Marie Walsh,Iarlaith Mac Gabhann, Cormac Cannon,Aoibheann Queally, Alan Reid, Catherine McHugh and a host of other artists at Parochial Hall
Sunday 1st May
4.00pm Home To Mayo, Sheamus Heneghan Memorial Concert with Pat Walsh and Claire Egan at Parochial Hall
- 9.00pm-12.00 Set Dance Social, Music by the Dartry Céili Band at Parochial Hall
Monday 2nd May
Slán Abhaile” Sessions. Music and singing sessions in all pubs over the weekend.
Posted on Wed, 27 April 2022 09:13:39