Mayo Fleadh Cheoil 2014, Swinford in Co. Mayo
Congratulations to the town of Swinford which will host the 2014 Mayo Fleadh Cheoil, from May 9th to May 11th.
The annual Fleadh Cheoil in Mayo is a wonderful opportunity to see and hear the talented music, song and dance of the young people of the county, as well as being a great place to meet old friends and acquaintances.
Fleadh Cheoil Chonnacht 2014
The 2014 Fleadh Cheoil Chonnacht will be hosted in Castlebar from June 30th - July 6th.
Programme of Events
NB The official timetable for the 2014 Mayo Fleadh Cheoil is not available yet, but below is the programme of events for the 2013 Fleadh, which was also held in Swinford, County Mayo.
Wednesday 8th May
- Seó Puipéad (Puppet Show) Scoil Muire agus Treasa urraithe ag Tógra Mhaigh Eo
Thursday 9th May
- 8.30pm: Oíche Chomhrá, Cheoil, Amhránaíochta agus Craic i Mellett’s Emporium. Beidh Una Uí Chuinn ag caint ar "Pádraig Ó Loingsigh (1756?-1838): Giolla agus Guailli Bunting". Oíche mhór Amhránaíochta agus Spraoi
Friday 10th May
8.30pm: Official Opening of Mayo Fleadh Cheoil by Councillor Joe Mellett in the Gateway Hotel
- 9.30pm: Fleadh Céilí with Swallow's Tail Céilí Band in Gateway Hotel
Saturday 11th May
10am: Competitions u12 and 12-15 in Scoil Muire agus Pádraig (Secondary School). Competitions u10 in Scoil Muire agus Treasa (Primary School). Admission: Adults €5; Children €3 (covers admission to all venues throughout the day)
3pm - 6pm: Entertainment at Main Street
6.30pm: Aifreann as Gaeilge in Our Lady Help of Christians' Church
- 7.30pm - 9.30pm: Seisiún Mór na Fleidhe in the Gateway Hotel followed by Traditional Music Sessions in local pubs
Sunday 12th May
10am: Céilí Dancing and Set Dancing Competitions in Gateway Hotel
11am: Music Competitions 15-18 and o-18 in Scoil Muire agus Padraig
12.30pm: Marching Band Exhibition with the Midfield Band starting at the Church and marching downtown.
- 3pm - 6pm: Entertainment at Main Street.